Gyroscopes and Flywheels is a science kit which allows the junior scientist to experiment with gyroscopic forces. How gyroscopes work is a fascinating and magical phenomenon, with amazing scientific principles behind it.
With the small, fast-spinning gyroscope in this kit, you can build models and perform experiments that appear to defy the force of gravity by balancing and standing upright when normally you would it to fall over.
For a bit of fun build a model of a break-dancer that uses the gyroscope to spin and balance on its head. Construct a gyroscopic vehicle that keeps its balance like a Segway but with just one wheel.
Assemble a cool robot that can zoom along a thin rail on two inline wheels without falling down. The lower part of this robot is a flywheel engine – a fast-rotating, weighted wheel that stores rotational energy and drives a gearwheel that moves the model forward. Even more models can be built using the flywheel function, including a motorbike, a space car, and a trike.
A simple pull of a ripcord starts the gyroscope and flywheel spinning – no batteries required! The 32-page, full-color manual has illustrated step-by-step instructions.
- Learn about Gyroscopic force
- Includes small, fast-spinning gyroscope
- Build a model of a break-dancer that uses the gyroscope to spin and balance on its head
- Construct a gyroscopic vehicle that keeps its balance like a Segway but with just one wheel
- Easy to follow 32 page full-color manual has illustrated step-by-step instructions
- 20 experiments